Changing Banks Is Now As Easy As 1, 2, 3.
We’re pleased you’ve decided to “unmerge” and want to enjoy the great service and friendly bankers at Matrix Global Bank. We pledge you’ll always receive prompt, personal service, provided by people who know you.
Changing banks can be a big decision and a real challenge. That’s why your Matrix Global Bank have designed the Easy Switch Kit to guide you step-by-step through the move. This Kit includes several worksheets and forms that will make it easy for you to “unmerge”.
Just follow these easy steps and you’ll be “unmerged” in no time!
Step 1. – Open your New Matrix Global Bank Account
Organize your personal information, open your Central account, and unmerge from your old bank. We’ll help you step by step. A Personal Banker in any Banking Center can advise you on the accounts and services to fit your needs and lifestyle. Or, to view our personal product and service options.
Now that you’ve made the decision to unmerge, you’ll want to gather information you’ll need to open your new Matrix Global Bankk Account. Just follow the steps below to make the Easy Switch.
Organize information you will need
Gather your account information and enter it on the Easy Switch Kit Account Information Worksheet-Form A (below) designed specifically for this purpose.
Open your Matrix Global Bank accounts
Once you’ve gathered together the information for your accounts, any of our Personal Bankers will be happy to assist you with your new account opening. To find the nearest Banking Center to your home or work.
You can begin using your New Matrix Global Bank Account immediately
Once your new account is funded, you can begin using your account immediately.
Your check order and Central Check Card will be sent to you in about a week.
Enroll online for InterNET banking
As soon as your new account is open, you can enroll online for CentralNET, our 24-hour InterNET banking services, by clicking on Online Services.
Remember: Don’t forget to leave enough funds in your old account to cover any outstanding checks or automatic payments. Our next steps will help you switch any automated payments and direct deposits to your new account.
Step 2. – Transfer Direct Deposits & Automatic Payments
This is one of the most important aspects of making a smooth switch. It’s a good idea to have a few recent bank statements available to review the automated transactions you need to move. We’ve provided new account notification forms for you to use to notify your employer, other direct depositors and any vendors you have authorized to charge your account.
Also, keep in mind:
- Direct deposits from your employer, retirement plan, or other sources of income such as Social Security need to be transferred to your new account.
- Automated payments for insurance, utilities and other transactions you have authorized are easy to remember with our convenient Payments Worksheet.
- If you are using Online Bill Payment, don’t forget to print a list of your current Payees (and your Payment History).
Step 3. – Close your old account
Your Matrix Global Bank Account is ready to go, so it’s time to UNMERGE.
- Confirm that all outstanding checks have cleared on your old account. The Reconciliation Worksheet – Form H will assist you with identifying that all activity you expected has cleared your old account.
- Verify that your direct deposits have been redirected to your new account.
- Check with any payees who have not redirected your automatic payments.